Tyson Fury’s boxing career could be over after the former world heavyweight champion said on Wednesday he would not reapply for a licence to fight from the British Boxing Board of Control.The 29-year-old, who has a 25-0 record, became WBA (Super), IBF, WBO and IBO world champion when he beat Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015 but has not fought since.His licence was withdrawn “pending further investigation” by the British Boxing Board of Control last October.He was also charged with a rule violation by UK Anti-Doping after a urine sample from February 2015 showed traces of the banned stimulant nandrolone. He has denied any wrongdoing.“After thinking long and hard about my return I will not be applying for a BBBOC boxing license. After the way they have handled stuff. No thanks,” the Briton wrote on Twitter.Fury appeared to have retired last year, only to retract his statement before giving up his titles, saying he wanted to deal with mental health issues.In March 2017, Fury suggested he could make a comeback and when compatriot Anthony Joshua beat Klitschko at Wembley the following month, the new world champion said he wanted to fight Fury, a challenge which was accepted on twitter.
St LOUIS (AP): Brooks Koepka is impossible to overlook now, winning the PGA Championship yesterday with machine-like precision to go along with his back-to-back US Open titles. And it still felt like he was the second billing to Tiger Woods. With roars for Woods unheard anywhere this side of Augusta National, Koepka kept his cool and ran off two birdies on the back nine at Bellerive right after Woods closed within one shot. Koepka closed with a 4-under 66 for a two-shot victory, making him only the fifth player to win the US Open and PGA Championship in the same year. Even with two bogeys, Woods shot 64 for his lowest final round in a major. It was his seventh runner-up finish. “I played hard,” Woods said. “I made a bit of a run. It looks like I’m going to come up a little short.” Koepka was responsible for that. After wasting one chance to put it away, Koepka ran kept attacking flags and ran in birdie putts of 10 feet on No. 15 and 7 feet on No. 16 to end the drama. He tapped in for par on the final hole to set the PGA Championship scoring record at 264. It also tied the major championship record that Henrik Stenson set at Royal Troon two years ago in the British Open. Adam Scott hung around by making big putts, just like he hoped, and was tied for the lead until Koepka’s birdies. They both missed 6-foot birdies on the 17th, and Scott had to settle for third when he bogeyed the final hole for a 67. The St Louis fans waited 17 years to see Woods, and he delivered a performance that took golf back in time. Without hitting a fairway on the front nine, Woods cut the four-shot deficit to two. Dialed in on the back nine, he hit his approach to a foot on the 15th hole to get within one shot. Koepka heard it all and answered with great shots of his own, finally converting the birdies to pull away.
The Red Bull pair Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo face 15 and 20-place penalties respectively for having new power unit components fitted for Monza.Like Alonso, who on Friday switched back to an older engine for second practice, they are choosing to take their penalties in Italy to improve their prospects for success in Singapore, where their cars are better suited to the street track.Sainz faces a 10-place penalty for taking an unscheduled fifth power unit element.“Yes, we are being a bit strategic about it,” said Ricciardo of the decision to take advantage of a system that has been widely criticised.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo of Red Bull Racing face 15 and 20-place penalties respectively for having new power unit components fitted for Monza © GETTY IMAGES/AFP/File / Peter FoxMONZA, Italy, Sep 1 – Fernando Alonso, Carlos Sainz and both Red Bull drivers will be hit by grid penalties for Sunday’s Italian Grand Prix, it was confirmed Friday.Two-time former champion Alonso faces a likely 35-place penalty after Honda fitted an upgraded engine to his McLaren for opening practice on Friday.
Head coach Jerome Paarwater admitted that Uganda gave them a run of their money.“I told the guys to make use of their chances in the second half. We knew it could get tough because Uganda is a strong team and they came out came out firing today. I think they will beat teams going forward,” the South African said.Mukidza was pleased with the boys’ performance and thanked the fans who travelled all the way to Kampala to support them.“We had to clear out our errors and be discipline in our defence. In the second half we tried to keep the ball more and that worked for us. We were anxious in the first half. We will go back home and work on our positives. I thank the fans for the support, we really did this for them and for those who came here we are really grateful,” Mukidza said after the match.The defending champions started on a high with Mukidza converting a penalty just after the hosts missed theirs when Kabras Sugar player Philip Wokorach sailed his kick wide.Uganda were downed to 14 men following Marvin Odong’s sin bin.The Jerome Paarwater charges maximized on the advantage when Samson Onsomu dived over the chalk for Mukidza to convert as the Simbas took control of the proceedings 10-0.However, Odong’ made the amends when he went over the line straight from the sin bin as Wokorach converted to reduce the deficit to two points.Kenya had a chance to extend the lead but they squandered the penalty after opting to kick for touch in search of a try that went in vain.It was Uganda who made good use of their penalty through danger man Wokorach who drilled it in to hand Uganda the lead for the first time in the hotly contested match.Minutes later, Uganda backed by their vocal home fans opened an eight point lead when Ivan Magomu chipped over the Kenyan back line for James Odong’ to touch down as Wokorach ensured the two additional points were in the bag with his successful conversion as Uganda led 18-10.The new half backs, Magomu and Ivan Kirabo combined perfectly for the hosts to increase the tempo of the game from the breakdowns.Having trailed in the first period, Kenya returned on a high with KCB RFC’s Eighth-man Martin Owila touching down for Mukidza to convert and be within one point as the scores stood at 18-17.Uganda responded through Odong’ with a strong pick from the scrum down but the Simbas defend their line. The hosts found themselves in more trouble when Brian Odong’ was penalised for not releasing the ball to give Kenya a chance to clear their lines.The Simbas regained their lead thanks to Mukidza’s well drilled penalty before hammering the final nail in Uganda’s coffin when Aaron Ofoyrwoth was sent to the sin bin and Mukidza made no mistake from the resultant penalty to hand Kenya a 23-18 victory.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Kenya’s Darwin Mukidza attempts to boot in a penalty during an international test match against Germany at the RFUEA ground on May 27, 2017. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaNAIROBI, Kenya, June 10 – Darwin Mukidza displayed a man of the match performance as Kenya Simbas silenced hosts Uganda 18-23 in the first leg of the Elgon Cup in a pulsating match played at the Legends Rugby Club in Kampala on Saturday.Mukidza, the captain of the day led from the front, converting three penalties to see Kenya head to the second leg that will be hosted at Nairobi’s RFUEA Grounds in a fortnight with a five point advantage.
Costa’s pass picked out the Brazilian, who checked, putting his defender out of the game in the process, before curling an unstoppable shot into the top-right corner of the Hull goal.Six minutes later the game was put beyond Hull’s reach in similar fashion.Having powered into the area, Nemanja Matic saw a shot blocked by Curtis Davies, but Costa latched onto the rebound to bend a shot past Hull goalkeeper David Marshall for his sixth goal in seven games.Victory provisionally lifted Chelsea to sixth place in the table and saw Hull drop to 15th.Yet Hull had forced Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois into the only two saves of significance in the first half and, in between, gave as good as they got against a club they have not beaten in 28 years.After just four minutes, and a David Luiz foul on Dieumerci Mbokani, Robert Snodgrass’s terrific 25-yard free-kick forced the Chelsea keeper into a twisting save as he turned the ball over his crossbar.In first-half injury time, Ryan Mason gathered the ball 25 yards from goal and unleashed a strong shot that Courtois appeared to see late as he forced it behind for a corner.Chelsea started with a three-man defence, a tactic adopted by manager Antonio Conte in the second half of last weekend’s 3-0 defeat by Arsenal, which meant Branislav Ivanovic lost his place.The move saw winger Victor Moses make his first start for the club since May 2013 at wing-back, underlining Conte’s desperation to end his team’s recent run of poor form.– Kante miss –Willian looked a lively performer for the visitors as he attempted to spark them into some attacking life and on 16 minutes the Brazilian just missed the far post with a low, driven shot.Moses also might have won a penalty on another day, with replays suggesting he had been tripped by Adama Diomande.But for all Chelsea’s possession, there was not a serious moment of concern for Marshall in the Hull goal over the opening 45 minutes.His first real test came in the opening minutes of the second period as Eden Hazard turned his man just inside the home half and darted towards goal before dispatching a curling shot that Marshall diverted over.The ensuing corner was only half-cleared by the home side and N’Golo Kante latched onto the rebound with a low shot that Marshall smothered easily.The pressure was mounting, with Chelsea looking particularly threatening on the counter-attack, through Costa and the pairing of Willian and Hazard behind him.That combination should have brought about an opening goal on 58 minutes.Kante’s through-ball was perfectly weighted and allowed Costa to round Marshall before shooting goalwards, the ball passing through the legs of Sam Clucas and striking the foot of the post.The rebound fell kindly for Kante, but the former Leicester City midfielder hurried his follow-up attempt, sending the ball high and wide.With Chelsea looking more and more menacing a goal soon followed and matters might have worsened for the hosts three minutes later as Costa saw an 18-yard shot parried by Marshall following another break.Costa, with a wild shot from the corner of the six-yard box, and Oscar, whose low attempt was pushed away by Marshall, might have further extended the visitors’ lead in the closing minutes.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Chelsea’s Brazilian midfielder Willian (L) shoots to score the opening goal against Hull City during an English Premier League football match in Kingston upon Hull, north east England on October 1, 2016 (AFP Photo/Lindsey Parnaby)KINGSTON UPTON HULL, United Kingdom, Oct 1 – Willian and Diego Costa scored twice in six second-half minutes as Chelsea won 2-0 at Hull City on Saturday to claim a first win in four Premier League games.Willian struck in the 61st minute after Chelsea launched one of a series of increasingly dangerous counter-attacks.
Fine Gael TD for Donegal North East, Joe McHugh, has today (Tuesday) said that the Irish Government’s commitment to investing 50m in the A5 road carriageway in 2015 and 2016 remains firmly in place.“I have received assurances from the Department of Transport that the Irish Government’s commitment to invest €25 million in the A5 road carriageway in 2015 and an additional €25 million again in 2016 remains firmly in place, despite the decision by Mr. Justice Stephens in Belfast yesterday to quash orders which prevent the project from going ahead at the moment,” Deputy McHugh told Donegal Daily.“This decision is disappointing and will be a setback to the project, but I would like to assure everyone involved that the Irish Government is committed to seeing this project through. “The Minister for Regional Development in the north, Danny Kennedy, should now be afforded the space needed to decide on the best way to proceed with this project to keep the overall objective of providing adequate road access to the north west.“Transport connectivity is enormously important for developing the North West’s potential and I will continue to work closely with both the Department of Transport and my northern counterparts on this matter to ensure that people north and south of the border can freely travel to and from the North West.” IRISH GOVERNMENT STILL COMMITTED TO A5 – McHUGH was last modified: April 9th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:IRISH GOVERNMENT STILL COMMITTED TO A5 – McHUGH
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREOregon Ducks football players get stuck on Disney ride during Rose Bowl event160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! PALMDALE – Teenagers lined Avenue P-8 outside Highland High School on Thursday to watch firefighters cut open two wrecked cars and pull out schoolmates covered with bloody makeup. Another teen was put through a sobriety test by sheriff’s deputies, then handcuffed and placed in the back of a patrol car, all part of an annual anti-drunk-driving campaign called “Every 15 Minutes.” “It is so important for us to educate students and help them realize the dangers of drinking,” said Lisa Scates, Palmdale’s senior public-safety officer. “We want students to understand that one bad decision could change their life forever.” The mock crash – staged by sheriff’s deputies, firefighters, California Highway Patrol officers, American Medical Response ambulance personnel and Chapel of the Valley Mortuary – was the first phase of a two-day program. Today students will gather in Highland High’s auditorium to watch videos of the enactment, listen to talks by law-enforcement officers and relatives of drunk-driving victims, and hear testimonials from the students involved.
COVINGTON, Ind. – A van struck bicyclists riding to raise money for families of slain police officers, killing a state trooper and a retired police chief and injuring another cyclist, police said. The support van, which was marked “Caution Cyclists Ahead,” spun into the group after being hit by a box truck on Indiana 63 near the Indiana-Illinois state line, police said. Killed were state police Lt. Gary Dudley and retired Lake County sheriff’s Chief Gary Martin. The injured cyclist, retired Indianapolis police Officer Spencer Moore, was airlifted to an Illinois hospital, where he was listed in fair condition Tuesday night, state police Sgt. Joe Watts said. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESurfer attacked by shark near Channel Islands calls rescue a ‘Christmas miracle’Residents of South Whittier, Hacienda Heights or Rowland Heights may qualify for up to a $5,000 grant through the county’s Community Development Commission. Workshops about the program are held from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Community Resource Center, 10750 Laurel Avenue. To pre-register for an upcoming workshop, call (562) 946-2425. Tutors sought for adult literacy SANTA FE SPRINGS – The library is seeking volunteer tutors for its adult-literacy program. The next adult-tutor training workshop will be held from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Oct. 17, 19, 24 and 26. Volunteers must attend all sessions. Tutoring can be one-on-one or in small groups. For more information, call (562) 868-7738. Medicare members offered flu shots WHITTIER – Free flu shots for Medicare recipients will be available from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday at Posada Whittier, 8190 S. Painter Ave. Those with HMO health care plans can also receive a flu shot for $25. For more information, call (562) 945-2651. Family Fiesta set for weekend LA MIRADA – St. Paul of the Cross Church, 14020 Foster Road, will hold its annual Family Fiesta from 5 to 11 p.m. Friday, noon to 11 p.m. Saturday and noon to 9 p.m. Sunday. There will be bingo, raffles, food vendors, games and live music. Admission is free. For more information, call (562) 921-2914. Church to offer holiday shopping WHITTIER – St. Bruno Church will open a holiday boutique with items for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas for sale. Candles, jewelry, glassware, yard signs, wreaths, Christmas ornaments and more will be available. The boutique will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, and from 8 a.m. to 2p.m. Sunday in the church’s McCormick Hall, 15740 Citrustree Road. For more information, call (562) 947-3269. Park to hold dance for senior citizens WHITTIER – A Cherry Blossom Dance will be held from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at Parnell Park, 15390 Lambert Road. The dance is for people 55 and older. There will be coffee, door prizes and live music. Admission is $5 per person. For more information, call (562) 464-3350. Hypnosis sessions can cut smoking LA HABRA -Become a non-smoker through hypnosis by enrolling in a two-session workshop to be held from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Oct. 19 and 26 at the La Habra Community Center, 101 La Habra Blvd. The event is offered by the city’s Community Service Department. The workshop will be conducted by Hypnotherapist Pamela Schmidt. The cost is $29 per person. For more information, call (562) 464-3430. – From staff reports160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! LA MIRADA – Members of the Robert F. Kennedy Democratic Club will discuss universal health care and the ballot measures in the Nov. 7 election at their meeting at 7p.m. Tuesday at the Sizzler Restaurant, 15252 E. Rosecrans Ave. For more information, call John Smith, (562) 943-8527. Home upgrade grants available SOUTH WHITTIER – Home-improvement grants for low-income households are available for qualified property owners.
The stopper was send off four times in just over 40 games for the club. He left the club in the summer of 2015 after picking up a seven-match ban for kicking and punching Motherwell’s Lee Erwin at the end of his team’s play-off defeat to the Fir Park side.Mohsni served his ban in France after joining Angers and he then had spells with Paris FC and Tunisian side Etoile du Sahel. Dundee United have completed the signing of former Rangers defender Bilel Mohsni on a deal until the end of the season.The 30-year old is a free agent and has been training with the club in recent weeks while awaiting international clearance.Mohsni will now help United in their play-off push and could play a key role in a busy fixture schedule for the Championship side.The move marks a return to Scotland for Mohsni after he spent two years with Rangers.