Trump’s impeachment defense, prosecutors dig in Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. “We were not out-rebounded and the important thing is our show of character as we head into the next round.”TNT paraded import Joshua Smith who stands at 6-foot-10 and is a gargantuan 350 pounds against Rain or Shine’s big man the heaviest of which is the 6-foot-5 Beau Belga, who weighs just 220 pounds.Rain or Shine did get outrebounded but it wasn’t too big of a margin with TNT holding a 58-55 edge. “As long as we play the same way today, I think we can beat anybody,” said Garcia. “That’s what I tell my players because we always have to think of the positives and we always have to think we can beat anybody.”For Belga, who admitted he was surprised with Smith’s prowess, the next round is still a time for optimism.ADVERTISEMENT View comments Duterte’s ‘soft heart’ could save ABS-CBN, says election lawyer Yap owns up to missed free throws in loss to TNT Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks PLAY LIST 01:40Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks01:32Taal Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite For Ina, portraying a zombie is like an ‘out-of-body experience’ China reports 17 new cases in viral pneumonia outbreak Gerald: Just because I’ve been bashed doesn’t mean I’d stop working Heading into the quarterfinals with a losing record of 5-6, and still uncertain who to face next, Elasto Painters head coach Caloy Garcia said they can’t do much but look into the positives.“We’re just looking at the positives, going into the next round this was a good game for us,” said Garcia. “We played without an import for most of the second half and the locals showed a lot of character despite us being a smaller team against TNT.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSMcGregor blasts Cerrone in 40 seconds in UFC returnSPORTSBreak new groundRain or Shine import Duke Crews also got thrown out with 6:51 left in the third quarter after getting called for a technical foul.Crews had been slapped with a questionable flagrant foul penalty 1 earlier in the game. More Taal volcanic quakes recorded despite weaker eruptions MOST READ Ai-Ai delas Alas on Jiro Manio: ‘Sana pinahalagahan niya ang naitulong ko’ End of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legend “This game was a good sign for us, we know in ourselves that we can win so there’s no need to sulk,” said Belga. “Coach told us that we don’t have anything to lose once we enter the playoffs.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LATEST STORIES Swing Out Sister back to PH this April PBA IMAGESANTIPOLO—Rain or Shine didn’t end its campaign in the elimination round the way it wanted to on Sunday.The Elasto Painters had to rally from a 41-25 deficit in the first half only to see its comeback bid end in disappointment following a 105-102 defeat at the hands of TNT.ADVERTISEMENT
‘Days Like Dese’ — a new sitcom aired on local television channels, was initially launched with a pilot episode in May 2017. Episodes one to six in Season One were aired from June to November 2017.At a red carpet event on June 29, 2017, at the National Cultural Centre preceded the airing of episode one.Season two consists of six episodes, which began airing on September 7 and will continue until the end of November. Two episodes will be aired per month on eight channels.The new airtimes will be Fridays at 20:00h on Atlantic Cable, Fresh Channel 1; Saturdays at 20:00h on NTN-69 and 20:30h on TVG-28; Sundays at 19:00h on HBTV-9 and 20:30h on HGPTV-67 and Mondays at 18:30h on Cable26/Ch77 (Berbice). It will also air at 19:00h on MTV-65.Because of the ongoing Caribbean Premier League cricket tournament being aired on NCN 11, the programme will be aired on Saturday, September 15 at 20:05h instead of September 16 as per schedule.“Days Like Dese” is produced by GEMS Theatre Productions, written by Randolph Critchlow and directed by Randolph Critchlow and Gem Madhoo-Nascimento.The actors in episode one are Nuriyyih Gerrard, Mark Kazim, Simone Dowding, Kirk Jardine, Rajan Tiwari, and Simone Persaud. Joining them in the second episodes are Ron Robinson, Lavonne George, Makayah Smith, Safira Abrahim-William, Mark Luke-Edwards, Brian Goodman, Olivia Rodrigues, Paul Budnah and Joel Ghansham.“Days Like Dese” is a 30-minute sitcom that delves deep into the daily lives of a diverse ‘socially responsible’ middle class Guyanese family — the Rupauls. The sitcom inspects and highlights the intricacies of family and community interactions through blurred racial and social lens.The sitcom through its intentionally diverse and mixed casting intends to remind us of how connected we really are as Guyanese. The Rupaul family exists not only in a racial blender but a social and generational one; as we get to see how the youth and the older folks try and sometimes struggle to bridge the generational and social gaps.Viewers will feel connected with this family as they journey with them, traversing terrains that may sometimes be considered controversial but always palatable. It is family oriented with a lot of educational information mixed with the comedy.
Liverpool fans enjoyed Gary Neville’s Valencia team losing 7-0 1 Luis Suarez tore Gary Neville’s Valencia apart in the Copa del Rey.To the delight of Liverpool fans, Luis Suarez scored four goals in the 7-0 hammering at the Camp Nou.And some were quick to reach out on Twitter to thank their former striker.Neville, meanwhile, claims he will not resign as manager of Valencia where he has yet to win since taking over in December.Here, talkSPORT has collected a selection of tweets from fans.
The gloves were off in the talkSPORT studio on Monday morning as Jim White clashed with Joey Barton over his comments about David Unsworth.Barton launched an astonishing attack on the Everton caretaker boss on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast – branding the former defender ‘a glorified PE teacher’.The outspoken former midfielder – and boyhood Everton fan – criticised Unsworth’s weight, said he lacked the managerial credentials to take charge of the team and slammed his pursuit of the job full-time.READ MORE: Joey Barton slams ‘glorified PE teacher’ David Unsworth and warns Everton could be relegatedBut talkSPORT host Jim White said Barton was out of order for his personal attack on Unsworth, and called him out live on air in Monday morning’s show!Listen to their on-air bust-up IN FULL above!Who do YOU agree with? Have your say in the poll below…
Winks has been impressive for boyhood club Tottenham this season ReportMauricio Pochettino’s men looked as if they were going to struggle at Wembley but some impressive displays against Liverpool and Real Madrid has given them confidence. Their dismantling of the Reds in October was a watershed moment in Spurs establishing themselves at Wembley, and the club has steadily risen up the table. Grade: B+ 2 2 After a patchy start, Spurs appear to have carried on the good momentum from last season as they look to establish themselves as serious title contenders. Tottenham have also had to adjust to playing at their temporary new home at Wembley which they are slowly but surely putting their stamp on. League position: 3rd (23 points) Best game: Tottenham 4-1 Liverpool Worst game: Tottenham 1-2 Chelsea Best player: Harry KaneAfter a typically frustrating August for the striker, where he is yet to score a Premier League goal, Kane has exploded into form this season since.He made the 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist with some backing him to make the final three. The season has also seen academy graduate Harry Winks make an increasingly positive impact on the Spurs and England teams as well.
Pat the Cope Gallagher MEP has today addressed the European Parliament in Strasburg to condemn the murder of Constable Ronan Kerr in Omagh on Saturday.He thanked the European Parliament President Jerzy Buzek for his statement describing the attack as a pointless and despicable crime.Following today’s Parliament sitting, MEP Gallagher commented: “President Buzek’s strong condemnation of the callous murder of Constable Ronan Kerr shows that Europe stands firmly behind Ireland in our refusal to accept a return to the violence of the past. “In Strasburg today, I spoke on behalf of every member of the European Parliament in expressing my shock and outrage at this heinous crime. This was a cowardly act, carried out by deluded killers who believe they can break the peace on our island.“But Ireland will not be returned to a time of fear and violence and the murder of Ronan Kerr only serves to remind us of that. Every support must be given to the PSNI to ensure that the perpetrators are brought to justice.“I wish to pay tribute to Ronan’s mother, Mrs Nuala Kerr, for her courageous statement urging Catholics not to be dissuaded from joining the PSNI.“She has displayed remarkable courage at a time of enormous personal grief. Ar Dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal.” PAT THE COPE LEADS TRIBUTES TO RONAN KERR IN EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT was last modified: April 4th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:European ParliamentPat The Cope GallagherRonan Kerrtribute
Scottish FA performance director Malky Mackay said: “This is a significant milestone for Project Brave. Club Academy Scotland is a fundamental part of the process and a lot of work has gone into developing the criteria used to assess the clubs. From day one this has been a collaborative activity.”“What I would like to stress is that the bandings are not fixed and they will be reassessed in June 2018. No door is closed to clubs outside of the elite bracket with aspirations to move up.”Mackay has been tasked with improving the development of elite players and implementing a radical overhaul of professional youth structure and funding.The plan will cut the number of funded elite players from around 3000 to nearer 1000 as well as targeting the funding for academies.The governing body’s strategy has proved controversial, with some clubs concerned at the expense required to meet the eligibility criteria for elite academies.Clubs are expected to have a minimum number of full-time coaches, have long-term planning in place and will be measured on outcomes such as number of academy players in their first team, number on loan and level of success. Elite clubs will play each other three times a season and play performance level clubs once.Clubs were graded on a range of criteria including staffing and facilities, with measurable performance outcomes also taken into account.The top tier clubs will continue to receive funding from the governing body with additional funding for reaching the objectives.Clubs outwith the highest level will still receive some funding to continue their development work. The Scottish FA has released further details of its plans to reshape youth player development as part of its Project Brave strategy.Aberdeen, Celtic, Hamilton, Hearts, Hibernian, Kilmarnock, Motherwell and Rangers have all been accepted as elite clubs, with two lower tiers for clubs who did not meet the entry criteria.The governing body has grouped other clubs into progressive and performance categories as it maps out the structure for all age group football up to under-18 level for the start of the 2018/19 season.Ayr United, Dundee United, Forth Valley, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Partick Thistle, Ross County, St Mirren and St Johnstone are all placed at progressive level with Dundee, Fife, Morton and Queen’s Park at performance level.
“What is clear is Salford are a very ambitious club, they are in a hurry to get through the leagues.Rooney becomes the latest player to switch from Pittodrie to England’s lower leagues, with Fraser Fyvie and Ryan Fraser amongst those to go south in recent years.McInnes said the Reds face a continual challenge to warn off potential English suitors from poaching their top talent.He added: “Like I say, Salford were given no encouragement but they’ve certainly shown ambition to get Adam.“It is a challenge for us to retain our players a lot of time, we’ve lost players to League One which I don’t think a club like Aberdeen should be.“I see the levels but there is no criticism about it, Adam has gave me his reasons why he wanted to go and Salford are in a hurry to do well.“It’s disappointing but we deal with it and will try to get players in.”With a Europa League showdown with Premier League outfit Burnley looming, McInnes said Rooney’s departure reinforces the need for the Dons to quickly bolster their front-line.“There are a couple of key areas,” he said. “I was looking to bring in a forward anyway but that becomes even more pressing.“The timing isn’t ideal, we’ve known about this for the last few weeks and tried to delay it as long as we could but it came to the point where we ran the risk of losing the deal for Adam and I’d gave him my word.“We’re concentrating on bringing in a front player and a right-sided defender, they are the key positions.“I think there’s this feeling we are able to go out and pay x amount on player wages and transfer fees, we don’t it’s difficult.“It’s becoming more of a challenge to improve and get players here to the club but it is one we are prepared to meet head on.“The Burnley game highlights the importance of getting players in quickly.” Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes rued the loss of Adam Rooney to England’s fifth tier after the forward completed a move to Salford City. Rooney has brought his four-and-a-half year stint with the Dons to a close by penning a three-year deal with the ambitious National League newcomers.The Irish attacker was the Dons’ top marksman across each of his full seasons at Pittodrie.McInnes said he offered neither Rooney or Salford any encouragement to make the move but eventually gave the switch the green light after a chat with the 30-year-old striker. He said: “It’s with a heavy heart that he moves on, he’s a fantastic boy.“Adam gave me his reasons as to why he wants to move on, he was given no encouragement and Salford were given no encouragement to do a deal.“We spoke to him and said the opportunity to remain and fight for his place was there but these things happen, we wish him well.“It’s a surprise, maybe, where he has ended up but we’ll now try and use the money we got for Adam to bring in someone else.
The Smoky Mountain High School Mustangs basketball teams head to Tuscola on Tuesday for the second round of the Western North Carolina High School Athletic Association Tournament. On Friday the top seeded Smoky Mountain High School boys defeated the Brevard Blue Devils 82 to 46, Number three seed Pisgah slipped by East Henderson 60 to 48, and Tuscola earned the right to face the Mustangs with their 53 to 41 win over West Henderson. In two meetings this season the Mustangs took a 79 to 72 point overtime win surviving a scare after Jayce Wolfe left the game with a severe ankle sprain which kept him out of action for a month. In the second meeting on January 19th the Mustangs dominated action 85 to 46. The tip-off for the game will be at 5:30 The Tournament will feature the Pisgah Bears and North Henderson at 8:30.IN GIRLS ACTION: The Smoky Mountain High School Lady Mustangs will take on Tuscola with a 4:00 p.m. tip-off at the Tuscola Gym. On Friday; Top Seeded Smoky Mountain walloped East Henderson 48 to 28 in Sylva. Also Friday Number two seed Pisgah beat North Henderson 58 to 32, number three seed Franklin over the number six seeded Brevard 50 to 31, and number four seed Tuscola over number five seed West Henderson 50 to 45. Those outcomes set up the pairing for the Tuesday night games. In the two prior games with Tuscola the Lady Mustangs have been victorious winning 58 to 28 in December and 62 to 47 in January.The games on Tuesday from Tuscola will be aired live on 540 WRGC with Roy and Janice Burnette bringing you all the action.The JV Games have been cancelled.
1 July 2011 The Industrial Developmental Corporation (IDC) approved funding of R8.4-billion for the year ending March 2011. The funding, its highest ever for South African-based investments, is expected to create up to 20 000 full-time jobs and save an additional 11 000 jobs. “This is the highest level ever for South African-based investments,” the IDC said in its annual financial results, published on Thursday. “Funding approvals during the year under review are expected to create 19 650 full time jobs and save an additional 11 650, with a combined impact on employment of 31 300, up from 25 000 in 2010. “An additional 8 100 jobs are expected to be created through direct linkages to activities in the informal economy.” The IDC posted a R2.7-billion profit due to improved profitability from operations, performance of equity accounted investments, containment of operating expenses and lower impairments. The IDC said the South African economy had recovered steadily from the recent recession, with the pace of growth gaining momentum towards the latter part of 2010 and firming in the opening quarter of 2011.High-impact manufacturing “We have retained our focus both on preserving and growing high-impact manufacturing capacity, and have succeeded in improving our impact on job creation,” IDC CEO Geoffrey Qhena said. Of the total amount of funding approvals, 97 percent were in the priority sectors identified in the government’s New Growth Path (NGP), including manufacturing, infrastructure, agriculture and the mining value chain. Forty-nine percent of funding approvals went to developments in provinces other than Gauteng, Western Cape and KwaZulu-Natal in order to ensure provincial equity. “The IDC continues to leverage its portfolio to improve development outcomes. This includes creating ring-fenced schemes to subsidise industry development, such as the R10-billion Gro-e-Scheme with concessionary terms aimed at job creation, which was launched in February 2011,” said Qhena. Over 17 000 jobs were created and saved as a result of the R2-billion UIF scheme launched in May last year, R1.5-billion of which has already been approved. The corporation has also approved R4.1-billion of the R6-billion allocated to assist companies in distress. “IDC will make available R102-billion over the next five years for investment. To achieve this level of investment, the partnership of various stakeholders and social partners is key. These include businesses, co-funders, labour, government and civil society,” said Qhena. In his budget vote in April, Economic Development Minister Ebrahim Patel said that, over the next five years, “green” industries would be allocated R22.4-billion, while mining and beneficiation would be allocated R22.1-billion. Manufacturing would receive R20.8-billion, while the agriculture value chain would receive R7.7-billion. Source: BuaNews